Deborah Huso, Founding Partner and Creative Director
Deborah is a lover of the big picture, who likes to make expansive ideas sing. An award-winning journalist, content strategist, and public relations professional with more than 20 years’ experience, she brings vision to the table...along with a good dose of solid American work ethic.
Deborah is a strategic writer, first and foremost, specializing in hard-to-fathom sectors like mortgage finance reform, banking, finance, real estate, construction and design, agriculture, transportation, and information technology. Yet she has a love of working in the "softer sciences," too, and frequently travels the globe to cover adventure and luxury travel as well as health, food, culture, and lifestyle.
Her publication credits are wide-ranging and have included U.S. News & World Report, Ladies' Home Journal, Women's Health, USA Today, HousingWire, Disney's FamilyFun, BBC, The Washington Post, and AAA World, among more than 100 other markets.
In addition, Deborah has provided ghost writing, website development, content strategy, social media management, content marketing, and corporate communications services to some of the world’s most significant companies, including Fortune 500 players like GE and Norfolk Southern Corporation. She is a member of the Association of Ghostwriters.
She has also written and edited several books, including Moon Spotlight: Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Avalon Travel, 2011) and Moon Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (Avalon Travel, 2010), and won several awards for her writing over the course of her career.
She is the "traveling arm" of WWM, being at one and the same time the company's main business development officer as well as the content producer most content to spend as much time as possible circumambulating the world in search of a good story to tell. Deborah has traveled five continents, and her journeys have taken her to places ranging from the Galapagos Islands of Ecuador to the deserts of the Middle East.
If you need a perfect turn of phrase the layman will understand, Deborah is your girl. And if you want a global perspective on your industry, she will provide...and offer the creative infrastructure to make your product and service a stand-out in a world where the average businessperson thinks "quality" and "service" mean something. They don't. But don’t worry. Deborah will find the core of who you are, and tell the world…in a way that grabs your market...just like that.
Connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master Writer Program Award, Level IV, American Agricultural Editors' Association, 2016
- Master Writer Program Award, Level III, American Agricultural Editors' Association, 2014
- 3rd place, Economics and Management feature, American Agricultural Editors’ Association, 2014
- Honorable Mention, North American Agricultural Journalists Best News Writing, 2014
- Master Writer Program Award, Level II, American Agricultural Editors' Association, 2013
- Award of Merit, Historical Feature, International Regional Magazine Association, 2009
- Best Print Article, West Virginia Division of Tourism, Stars of the Industry Awards, 2007
- 3rd Place, Category Best Print Article, West Virginia Division of Tourism, Stars of the Industry Awards, 2004
- 1st Place, In-Depth and Investigative Reporting, Virginia Press Association, 2003